Pre-JYM is a pre-workout supplement manufactured in the US by JYM Supplement Science. The company takes its name from its founder, Dr Jim Stoppani, who is a bodybuilder himself and also holds a doctorate in exercise psychology.
Stoppani has published numerous articles about exercise and nutrition and is the chosen fitness advisor for many celebrities including Dwayne Johnson, who wrestling fans will know better as “The Rock”, so his brand has instant credibility.
There is a distinct lack of hype in the PreJYM marketing campaign so the claims made for the product are refreshingly honest and to the point.
- No proprietary blends
- Scientifically advanced all-in-one formula
- Improves Workouts
Key Ingredients & Blend Potential
Each (26.5g) scoop of PreJYM provides just 15 calories, so there need be no worries about gaining extra body fat. All inclusion rates are provided and the main ingredients are split into five blends.
Power/Strength & Endurance Matrix
- Creatine Hydrochloride is one of the most easily absorbed forms of Creatine available. Creatine benefits include improved endurance and strength, but 3-5g is generally considered to be necessary for best results; so the 2g included here may not be enough to deliver the goods.
- CarnoSyn is a trademarked form of Beta-Alanine that is generally considered to be the most potent option available. It has a good reputation as a workout enhancing ingredient and is often praised for its ability to enhance strength levels and encourage muscle growth.
- Betaine is also a popular muscle growth-enhancing ingredient, but scientists are still unsure as to the exact mechanisms involved.
- Taurine is useful as both an energy provider and a focus enhancer. For this reason it is often included in energy drinks.
- N-Acetyl L-Cysteine is a stable form of the amino acid L-Cysteine. It is often included in blends such as this to speed up muscle building and repair.
- AlphaSize is a patent-protected version of Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline. It can be used to facilitate improved focus and is often included in blends that are designed to trigger the release of additional Human Growth Hormone.
Maximal Pump/Vascularity & Energy Amplifier
- Citrulline Malate is a respected Nitric Oxide (NO) booster and energy enhancer that should contribute much to all of the aims set out for this particular blend.
- Beta vulgaris L. is an ingredient sourced from the humble beetroot. It is rich in nitrates and is particularly favoured for its abilities as a performance enhancer.
Fatigue-Fighting Anabolic Activator
- L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine are all important amino acid that encourage effective muscle repair and growth.
Focus & Drive Intensifier
- L-Tyrosine is an amino acid that encourages the production of noradrenaline and dopamine to provide increased focus and reduce levels of stress.
- Caffeine Anhydrous is just caffeine powder. Caffeine is renowned for its abilities to clear the mind and provide extra focus. It is also an excellent energy provider. The amount included here (300mg) is similar to that provided by three cups of instant coffee.
- Huperzine A is also believed to be capable of providing improved focus, but its abilities come a sad second to caffeine.
- BioPerine is a trademarked black pepper extract that is incorporated into supplements of all kinds due to its ability to smooth the absorption of other ingredients.
New users are advised to commence supplementation on a reduced dose (½ scoop) and then increase the dosage if no tolerance issues arise.
Customer feedback is predominantly good.
A few average reviews read:
Side Effects, Health Issues & Supplementary Information
Stoppani states the formulation is not suitable for pregnant or nursing mothers or anyone who is under 18-years of age. He also suggests new users seek medical advice prior to commencing supplementation and warns against using PreJYM alongside other caffeine providers.
PreJYM does not appear to be sold with a money back guarantee.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Although Stoppani has an impressive website of his own, and the site appears to have an online store, all orders are diverted to and processed via Bodybuilding.com; and customers in the UK can expect to pay £31 to £60 for a single (20 serving) tub, depending on the promotions that may or may not be available at the time.